Monday, January 5, 2009

Cold Winter? Think Beach Balls

Carnival Cruises has a fun new-ish spot running that features a couple giant beach balls bouncing around downtown Dallas. How fun is that? But did they really do this? The answer is yes. There are a few videos on You Tube featuring the actual event, which was a Guinness World Record for the largest beach balls (36 feet in diameter). The spot is really fun. The idea, the music, everything really gets you into a beach party mood. Well done.



Carnival is also running a similar PiƱata spot, but it feels a bit like a 'weak sister' compared to the beach ball one. What do you think?

4 comments:

gesika22 said...

I thought they weren't able to do the pinata? They had it all set up and got in trouble since it was too dangerous? Maybe they weren't able to go through with it as planned.

Great, now I need to research this because I'm curious...

Christine said...

Oh, I don't know. I didn't look into the pinata one as much... the spot makes it look like it went through.

gesika22 said...

I guess I just remember reading this, and never heard how it was resolved.

http://adage.com/video/article?article_id=132283&search_phrase=11%2F06%2F2008

Megan said...

I like them both. I think the beach ball spot seems stronger because there's more build-up/anticipation of what's going to happen (and the spot is also double the length).

If it were me, I'd much rather be showered with thousands of pieces of candy than bat a beach ball down the street ;)