Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Microsoft Extends "I'm A PC" Campaign

Microsoft has extended their 'I'm a PC' campaign into the Web 2.0 world by inviting PC users to 'upload' themselves. I like the way Microsoft has opened up the campaign to its users' creativity—it's a nice extension to the campaign and brings in a great interactive element.

The key with any campaign like this is, will people participate? I think yes. The call for entries only requires you to finish an open ended sentence with whatever you like. The clips need only be 5 seconds long and low quality footage by the looks of their TV spots. Plus the chance to be in one of Microsoft's commercials that will circulate the internet and possibly national TV? I see a lot of PC using web celebrity wannabes 'uploading' themselves. Will you upload yourself?

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm a PC, though I don't necessarily want to admit it.

Christine said...

Haha! I think you should upload that to Microsoft. Or, 'I'm a PC, but I'd rather be a Mac.' ;)

Megan said...

I did have an affair with a Mac once though, in journalism school. Shhh, don't tell my PC.