Monday, June 2, 2008

Evolution of the Starbucks Logo

As a designer, I've definitely looked closely at the Starbucks logo and wondered how it came to be, but a recent blog post on AdFreak led me to another blog and post about the history of the Starbucks logo. I thought it was pretty interesting—she's apparently has some scandalous roots and the original logo's use is getting uproar from conservatives.

The history post is a couple years old, but has a number of updates and a lengthy comment from the designer who took the original sketched logo to the green, graphical logo evolutions. But my favorite part is the last part of his comment:
To me at the time, it was just another logo job to do. Who would have thought I'd be sick of seeing it all over the place. It isn't one of my best logos.

3 comments:

Megan said...

The history of the logo is really interesting!

suzanne said...

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/in_brief_starbucklers_vs_rolle.php#comments

More interesting talk about Starbucks and their logo. Just how original is it and what kind of claim do they have to it?

suzanne said...

Okay so the whole link doesn't appear to want to post.

http://www.underconsideration.com/
brandnew/archives/
in_brief_starbucklers_vs_rolle.
php#comments