Friday, April 25, 2008

Cadillac and Cup Holders

Cadillac has a new campaign running with celebrities in a beautifully art directed campaign. My favorite is the Kate Walsh spot because as Megan posted earlier, we love the 'When you turn your car on...' line. And while I'm a fan of the entire campaign through and through one of the the sister spots, featuring actress Sofia Vergara, bugs me a bit. In the spot Sofia Vergara talks about how research says the number one reason women buy one car over another is the number of cup holders and maybe the researchers need to talk to a different kind of woman. Well, as silly as it sounds, a lack of cup holders is a total deal breaker. Try going on a two week car trip with no cup holders at all and trying to wedge your soda between a suitcase and a backpack. Not fun...

Granted that was in another country where no cars have cup holders (at all), and I'll agree some cars in the US today are overloaded with them, but if I'm looking at putting myself in a $55K luxury car, it had better have a space for my Diet Coke too.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I love this campaign. It does a great job targeting women and makes the Escalade seem uber sexy.

I do agree about the cupholders though. Especially important for those crazy manual drivers.

Christine said...

Stick shift rocks

Anonymous said...

The assertion that she is a "different kind of woman" is completely refuted by the fact that she clearly has a drink in the cupholder in this commercial. The only thing I have liked about this campaign is the use of a great song by Hum in the first spots.

Anonymous said...

Me again. Not to nitpick you, but the 2wd 'sclade starts at $56k. Add four-wheel drive and options, and you're easily out the door over 70.

Christine said...

I rounded—apologies.